by: Randy Agness - 21st February 2009

Front Four
Must groom the blues

This was our third trip to Stowe Mountain Ski Resort. Every visit has been extremely good. This time 18" of powder over the 36 hours dropped for us. Everything was open. The ultimate skiing challenge has to be Stowe's Front Four (National, Liftline, Starr and Goat) awaited. My skiing partner (and son) had been waiting for Goat to open for business, but our first stop was Liftline. Liftline had become our favorite trail and the place to sharpen your skills become moving up the list. By the end of the day, my partner had covered the all the front four and all other black available. I could only say ... wow. FYI .. Goat is not groomed and has only natural snow. Goats provides all types of obstacles includes boulders, level drops, trees, exposed ice and rocks and absolutely huge moguls over a narrow passage. Many people say they've mastered Goat; the reality is only a very few even try and most are claimed by the run. Even the seasoned veteran's are somewhere between fear and total skiing thrill. I will only claim Liftline. If you like spedd have great fun going Lord onto North Slope, then buzz Terrain Parkers. As your Last Run of the day go down the Toll Road @ Sunset ... simply beautiful !!!