Great for a family

by: simply^ride - Dec 15, 2008

Pros: Snow and views

Cons: Slow lifts

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2006

We were there on amazing conditions, The terrain is pretty nice with plenty of options for everyone. One thing to note is that I was there on presidents week and that's a very busy week in ski resort but somehow the crowd were dispersed everywhere in the slopes, the lines were not bad at all each line was a minute or 2 not long, The one thing is that they only have doubles lifts but they work fine in this resort somehow you get to the very top of this resort very fast. I was actually going to Stowe and got lost and ended up in Smuggs (don't ask how Stupid navigation system told me to go in a road that was closed in the winter) but anyway I don't regret a bit that we ended up here, we had a blast, great glades great blues and some fun blacks. For the money this resort is great much cheaper than Stowe and you are going to have a blast, but then again we were there on 3 feet of new snow a week before. Food is ok nothing majorly good, but nothing bad, cheap. And the lift ticket it self if cheap considering the resorts around it.

Go to Smuggs you will love it.