Great mountain for intermediate

by: Ontheslopes - Oct 17, 2008

Pros: Lots of awesome intermediate choices, great lift layout, great views

Cons: Pros might find the trails to be a little too easy, crowds unpredictable

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2005

Me and my family had a slopeside condo at Okemo a few years ago, and it was great. I was intermediate back then, and there were tons of choices for me. Sapphire, Jolly Green Giant, Tomahawk, and a lot more intermediate runs really gave me lots of choices. The lift layout was great, unlike at Killington, where you had to trudge for miles to get to the lift you wanted to go on. The views were spectacular. There were some good advanced choices too. Okemo was where I did my first double blacks. It's a great place for first double blacks. Single blacks were also great. Do not miss "Stump Jumper". Only extreme-out-west-Colorado-pros will be lost. The only real complaint I have about Okemo is that the crowds are unpredictable. One day a trail is really crowded, the next day it's deserted. The skiers really seem to stick together. Different places are crowded at different times, and you can't really predict what will be and what won't be. Okemo is great for families and I reccomend it to them.

BEST TRAILS: