by: anonymous_user - 19th March 2007

After hearing many pleasant reviews of Okemo, my family and I decided to take a trip there this past weekend. I came just in time for the St. Patty's day storm, making the conditions amazing. However, I wasn't pleased with the mountain itself. I was looking at the Okemo website prior to my trip, and noticed the 5 terrain parks they advertised. I was excited after watching a bunch of videos and looking at pictures, because the parks looked really nice. However, once I got there, there were only 3 terrain parks. One beginner, one Intermediate, and one Advanced. After taking a run on the beginner park, (i like those to practice tricks), i realized how bad of a job they did of setting it up: there were 4 rails and 2 jumps. Everything was so close together that you couldn't hit more than one or two things each time down, and they didn't have a seperate lift for it (if you go, you will realize what a pain it is to have to ride up the long lift to get to this park, located halfway down themountain), and the intermediate park, which had about 4-5 boxes, was also set up bad. As a result of everythign being placed so close together, there was a huge bump after each box. THe superpipe seemed nice. And the advanced park, even though it was set up fine, the majority of hits seemed to be geared more towards skiers. The whole mountain is geared more towards skiers. Oher than my complaints about the parks, and lack there of, Okemo is a pretty nice mountain. The staff is generally pleasant, and the regular runs are pretty nice. (Rimrock is my favorite) Overall, if your a skier, this would be an awesome place fo ryou. Snowboarders will find more at Mt. Snow =)