by: RatherBeSkiing - 26th January 2013

Interesting
Icy

I've been here a couple times, and it has a nice Vermonty feel to it. You'll feel it as soon as you're unpacking your skis and you see the clock tower. Then you'll feel it again when dealing with the staff. The shuttle bus drivers are friendly, etc. The Summit lodge has great food, we had carved turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy and it was probably the best food I've ever eaten on a ski mountain. I should mention the reason we even stepped into the Summit lodge in the first place was to avoid the frostbite we were getting on our cheeks during the lift ride up. It's really COLD and windy at the top. Lots of nice, interesting trails. We did have the luxury of 3 straight days of snow during this trip, so conditions were good. But, I've also been here when it was really icy. Great learning section at the base of the mountain, although it gets a bit crowded, still one of the best places for kids to learn to ski. Haven't had a chance to get over to the Jackson Gore side, but heard it's excellent. I'll be going back to Okemo again.