by: shaun - 18th March 2012

Lots of runs and lifts, great parks and pipe
Not much lightlife

We went to Okemo in March/2011 and did a Sunday to Wednesday trip. Lift lines at that time were completely non-existent, but I could definitely see the place being busy on weekends. We stayed at the Okemo Mountain Lodge, which had a ski in/ski out great location. The rooms were definitely a bit dated, but I go on vacations to ride, not to sit in a luxury suite. The Spring House was a great little after skiing activity, it was just kind of a pain to drive there and then change into swim gear and whatnot (though that would not be an issue for those staying at Jackson Gore). I really, really liked the terrain parks, and the pipe was in pretty good condition for the weather being what it was. Overall, loved the place. Tons of runs, lots of stuff that you can do with your kids and any other intermediate riders you might have in tow. You pretty much had to go into Ludlow for food after the mountain closed, and there weren't a whole heck of a lot of options, but it was a very minor inconvenience. Staff was also very friendly and helpful, especially when we got separated from our very adventurous 4 year old for a couple minutes. I have not been to any other resorts in Vermont, but I can definitely say that I would almost definitely go back to Okemo next time we head up that way. The only reason I didn't give the terrain 5 stars was because I didn't really see an opportunity for much tree skiing or anything, but I also know that's kind of tough to come by on the East coast.