I keep coming back

by: Mdnitedrftr - Jan 3, 2010

Pros: Close, wide varitey of terrain

Cons: Can get crowded

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

Mount Snow...a place where Ive spent most of my adolescent winters. Theres something for everyone here. Beginners will find nice wide bunny hills, and long cruisers. Advanced skiiers should head to the North Face ASAP for some great runs. For those seeking pipes and parks, head to Carinthia where you'll have a whole mountain face dedicated just for you guys.

Since it is the biggest/closest mountain to NYC in Vermont, sometimes it can get a little crowded, but really no more than any other VT resort. I think crowds are just an unfortunate part of the east coast .

Nightlife is decent. The Snow Barn, and The Silo are 2 of my favorites. There are some good places if you're looking for a nice sitdown meal too. TC's and Panchos Wreck in Wilmington are good for families.

Theres no shortage of lodging. The Grand Summit hotel at the base of Mount Snow is a little pricey/classy for being the 25 y/o ski bum I am. The Snow Lake Lodge is more my style, and its a good value for the money, and I stress that. If you dont wanna stay on mountain, theres plenty of hotels/motels on Route 100 to rest at for the night.