Mount Snow Review

by: anonymous_user - Jul 1, 2008

Date Visited: Jul 1, 2008

I have been a season pass holder at Mount Snow for 10 years (because I live here). I have a reputation as a bit of a snow snob due to the fact that I moved here from Taos NM. This last season was the first time that I was consistently impressed by the snow conditions. The new ownership made lots of claims coming in and impressed this skeptic by delivering powder conditions all season long. I would see a foot of snow fall and as soon as it stopped the snow guns on the mountain would fire right up.

I am not sure what the previous poster (4/12/08)was referencing when saying there were too few bump trails on the mountain. I saw plenty of bumped up trails and found the whole mountain to be more challenging due to the fact that there was powder to carve into instead of the eastern ice pack that we have all become accustomed to. If you check the daily snow reports they will tell you what trails they are leaving ungroomed (there are always a few and usually a couple on the North Face). Because of 2 knee surgeries I no longer go on Ripcord so I can't speak to that.

Neither I nor anyone in my family have any affiliation with Mount Snow or Peak Resorts, but as a local skier I can tell you that last season was the best at Mount Snow for a myriad of reasons and I can't wait to see what the next season brings as the mountain is installing 150 more of the fan snow guns.