Took a Gamble...Paid Off Handsomely

by: lupica747 - Feb 8, 2011

Pros: Great terrain, good grooming, zero liftlines, great layout

Cons: Slow chair

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2011

Went the day after the entire New England region got hit with a nasty ice/freezing rain storm. Knowing they groom and only being $25 for a Sunday afternoon I figured it was worth the gamble. Within 2 1/2 hours from Nashua, NH area. Considering the ice storm, the groomed trails were REALLY good; not a lot of ice and only in small patches and whole sheets were nonexistent. For most of the morning the ungroomed "classic" terrain was closed because there was a layer of crust over any powder that wasn't groomed, which might have been a reason for the lack of lift lines. I never had to wait for a chair, but the ride to the top took about 5-10 minutes (I think I never time the ride up) but I felt like that because of this I might have gotten one or two less runs in that I might have gotten in at an area with a high speed quad...no big deal though because on my last run I got a foot spasm (no fault to the resort of course). Views are nice, with a unblocked view of Bromley and the monstrosity that is Stratton, you definitely have things to look at going down the cruisers. From what I heard from other people and sites like NELSAP, this place was closed for awhile, but it seems to have made one heck of a rebound with really good grooming, decent snowmaking, and what looks like some ski on ski off condos in the mesh. A no frills mountain, cheap, GREAT terrain; can't go wrong. Definitely deserves your attention.