by: Justin Howell - 29th September 2009

lots of terrain, good snowmaking
busy weekends

Let me preface my review by stating that if you can at all avoind going here on the weekends, then do so. I think being the first "big" resort you get to driving from the south attracts the huge weekend crowds. Terrain - The terrain here is varied and has some nice supprises for all levels. From the beginner slopes at the Snowshed area to the double diamonds on Killington Peak and Bear Mountain. The trail map marks a lot of the black runs as Double-Diamonds but don't let that scare you away because they use to be single Diamonds but have mysteriously become doubles. It is a huge are in general and you can continue to find new terrain after many visits. Lodging/Nightlife - I'm not the type of person who choses where I ride based off of what else there is to do, but if I was, I'd probably avoid Killington. The base are has a lodge/restauraunt/hotel and thats really it. All the restauraunts/bars are down the road and you have to drive or cab it to get from place to place. You don't really get the "Ski Town" feel at all when your there, so if thats what your looking for go to Stowe.