Killington...Great Overall Resort

by: Nickdog1977 - Feb 17, 2009

Pros: Tons of trails and variety, lots of snow and snowmaking

Cons: Can get crowded; Big, spread out resort

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2008

Killington will always have a place in my heart because it’s where I learned to ski when I was 5 years old and my family went there for many years. I had not been there in several years, but last February we went on a 5-day ski trip to Killington. The magic was not lost, but it had changed a lot from what I remember. From a skiing point of view we had a great time and were lucky to have a foot of fresh snow fall one night making the next day of skiing fun and a bit challenging. It was more crowded than I would have liked and there were some icy conditions on some trails, as can be expected in the East, but all and all it was a great trip. We stayed in Sunrise Village and although the accommodations were a little dated, it was sort of charming and awesome to be able to ski down to the lift. It is a large resort and the SUV we rented was practically a must on the barely plowed resort roads. In summary, as far as options in the East go, Killington is definitely up there in the top and a must if you have never been there.