A birthday weekend!!!

by: fcastellanos - Nov 29, 2008

Pros: First one to open

Cons: too many trails crossing

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Nov 1, 2008

It was my girlfrieds birthday, what other place to go in the east cost that Killington, VT. We arrieved there on Friday/Saturday around 1:30 am. When we got there we drove by the main base and the snow machines were blasting, Saturday 22, it was snowing cloudy in the morning and snowing during the afternoon, the snowmachines were on make it hard to see, a lot of people on the mountain well I am guessing because was one of the few mountains open in Vermont. Sunday was great wasn't that many people in the mountain, it was really sunny nicy postcard day...lol...anyway be had a blast to be the first trip of the season. Everybody on the mountain was really friendly from the parking to the free bag check-in, really family enviroment, My fiance told me that she got the best birthday ever, I try to make it really special for her and thanks to the Killington team and the friendly enviroment make it easier for me, the food curt was same as usual, $$$ but it was all worth it. If you have a loved one and both shared the same love for the sport from beginner to pro, Killington is the place to go. I saw a lot of families having lots of fun and lot of fun from 3 years old to old timers. Like I said before, for us was the first trip of the season, and every single muscle on my body was in pain, at the end all paid off, I had a great time and my significant other got the best birthday ever, we were fighting for the last three weeks but since the moment I went ot pick her up load all the gear in truck, we felt like our first date... didn't know what to say or even look at her in the eyes... when we started to get closer and closer, we were waiting ro the sunrise to hit the slopes, we'll go back again before new years, if you have never been in Killington you are missing out, anyway have a save and nice trip .. from Ambra & Frank.