Killington Resort Review

by: anonymous_user - Apr 20, 2008

Date Visited: Apr 20, 2008

Have been going to Killington since 1996 and have loved it!! We usually take a 2-week vacation there each winter and stay in one of the Killington Condominiums at Fall Line. Called to make reservations this year and found that there were a lot of changes - our accommodations were priced $700 higher than last year and no one could tell me why! I asked if there had been improvements to the unit - we always select the same one each year - as I didn't mind paying if there had been some improvements, but no one could answer that question. The lift tickets were higher and the discounted multi-day tickets we usually got each year were not available like in previous years.

We started reading the reviews and checking the trail/lift report each day and found that we were going to be limited to certain parts of the mountain, certain lifts, fewer services and higher prices, not to mention the higher price of gas, which isn't the new owner's fault, but it all added up for us as we travel over 500 miles to get to Killington.

Guess what? We didn't go!! Sure we missed the Killington resort that we once favored, we missed our favorite dining places such as the Wobbly Barn, Outback Pizza and Lookout Tavern and we missed the cozy condo at Fall Line, but we are smart enough not to be taken for a ride!

I would encourage all the businesses and condo owners at Killington to use their clout to have the new owner return the resort to the amazing and friendly place it once was or else everyone will suffer.