by: Harlemdiver157 - 24th October 2007

I am a hard core East Coast Weekend Skier born and raised in NYC.Over the past 30 years there have been many weekend trips with cheap motels in Rutland and all night partys on the Killington access road.This was the first year that I came up to Killington as a family man.The family experince at Killington,is so much differnt then the hard partying and skiing experince,that help shape me into the skiing Father that I am today.The ski school was packed on the weekends,although the on snow teaching ski experince was good.My 4-yr old twins sons,just needed 4-runs on the magic carpet before they were ready for the Ram's head chair lift.The instructors gave them a push when needed and hug when no one was looking. Killington's new owners have taken it upon themselves to bump up prices for 2007-08 season in the all-day ski school program about 90%,which for east coast working familes,is way too expensive.If this was Deer Park UT or Beaver Creek CO,no one would even dare say anything,but its not.So no matter how much I love Killington ice pack weekends,no matter how much I got laid over the years in the best cheap hotels in Rutland,no matter how many times we party all weekend on the best access road on the east coast. As skiing father of twin boys.I now will be planting my flag and Gold Amex card somewhere else, on those winter ski weekends on the east coast.I just hope that those wild and crazy bars on the access road and those cheap motels in Rutland don't close up, before my sons turn twenty-one.