by: ann phelan - 7th April 2014

tissues in the bathrooms!
snowboarders can walk a bit

My friend gave us the key to their Killington condo. Super gratitude for this amazing op. We were located 2 miles from Ramshead Lodge. We went for my first spring snowboard session. This was my first BIG mountain as a snowboarder. I had previously boarded 8 mountains this year. Killington has many pluses. 5 stars for tissues throughout...at the lifts, in the loos..seriously, a great convenience PLUS water coolers all over. Complicated mountain, took my map nerd boyfriend time to figure out how to connect to the mountains. Some walking (we snowboard) to get from lift to lift. Spring snowboarding was crazy good, crazy challenging. Mashed potato like moguls all over..very challenging but fun. So much so, we head back next weekend for more. Oh, the lifts are old mostly and despite spring conditions, Ramshead and Snowshead lifts were damn cold and windy. The K1 Gondola was nice. Ours reeked liked doobie..haaaaaa..and, it wasn't us !! We loved parking at Ramshead, starting there and working our way to Bear Mt. and back. We head back next weekend for the 65+ temps and our final sesh until next season.