by: rocketal - 11th March 2013

Tons of terrain, great variety, lots of lifts, free bag check, fewer snowboarders every year
Expensive, constantly trying to upsell you, icy

I've been going to Killington for years and it remains my favorite in the east. Parts can be crowded but It's massive and you can almost always find a part of the resort where the lines and hills aren't so jammed. I love the variety of terrain. It really has something for everyone. I've also enjoyed the decreasing number of snowboarders in recent years (sorry, snowboarders). The downside is, of course, the price. They also constantly try to upsell you on every package. I've also found, if you take a lesson, each group tends to be on the lower end of the skill level, possibly to make you want to come back and take another the next grade up. Better to shoot high. Killington is known for its nightlife. You have lots of choices, though they can be very crowded. There's also no real town, so walking around isn't really possible. You need to take cabs or shuttle vans everywhere. So you don't get the quaint ski-town experience. But there's no shortage of places to go. Overall, I love this place and try to get here most years. As skiing goes, there are few other places in the east that can match it.