by: maggiemae - 1st March 2010

The Stash
Everything else

This mountain is not as great as everyone would have you believe. I feel everyone is under the "Emperors New Clothes" syndrom. Everyone else says it's good so it must be good. If you get there before 8am and take first run you will have great snow. After 9 you will struggle with skied off conditions and manmade mogels the rest of the day even on the blue and greens. These are great if that is what you are looking for but with knee surgery and a pins in my leg from a ski accident a few years back the only place I can comfortable ski after 9 is Ramshead, nice little hill but not worth the premium price. My kids ski the woods and the stash but we will not be coming back until they can get a handle on the grooming. I will leave the mountain for the arrogant SOB's who will tell you they have skied all day but have really only skied in the morning and spent the rest of the day in the lodge. The kids at Killington are just arrogant SOB's in training. Since I ski alone I spend a lot of time on the lifts with these kids and they are rude and mean. I can only hope my kids are not like these kids, I would be so embarressed. I will leave with these parting words. Get there early, pay $80, get in two good runs and leave. Unless you want to run bumps all day. As for me, I will be elsewhere enjoying myself on a friendlier mountain with better grooming and happier patrons.