Simply Awesome

by: dubisaweapon - Jan 19, 2010

Pros: Tree Skiing - Awesome Views

Cons: Not great for Beginners

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

Finally made the trip to Jay Peak this MLK Weekend to celebrate my birthday and was happy I did. Stayed at the brand new Tram Haus Lodge which put my girlfriend and I in the center of all the action. Even on a big holiday weekend the mountain never felt overly packed, I maybe waited about 10 minutes at the most for the Flyer Quad. I went here for the treeskiing, and I was definitely happy. Beaver Pond Glade was a highlight, with nicely spaced trees with sick moguls really made for a nice challenge. For expert skiers, this place is very tough to beat on the East Coast. Not sure how great this place is if you want to just cruise some blues all day, but if you want to push yourself and love to ski hard then definitely make the trip. The conditions were not the greatest, but after a couple of inches fell on the morning of my birthday it really helped improve things. I can only imagine how great it would be with 6-12 inches of fresh snow! Nightlife basically consists of the Tower Bar which was packed for Apres Ski but pretty chill later in the evening.