by: Maz - 28th January 2009

Glades are amazing
Bring your own Apres Ski activity

I absolutley love this mountain. This is the 2nd year in a row my buddies and I have stayed at one of the ski in-ski out condos. The condos themselves are really nice and are right on trails as the ski in-ski out implies. This was the first year I ran through some glades and i have to say, I am hooked. The conditions in the glades were amazing. So much fun and there are numerous glade runs all over the moutain. I haven't read up on any mountains with anywhere near the number of glades as Jay on the East Coast so if you haven's ever run some glades, do yourself a favor and head to Jay. Only downside I have is that there isnt a whole lot going on in and around Jay at night. There is a wonderful restaurant called Belfry's that has become a staple of our yearly trip. There are a few bars but not very many people. The aprs ski issue hasnt really been too big a downer because we have a big enough group where we have a good time wherever we go. Jay is roughly less than a couple hour drive to Montreal so if you really want to have an amazing time, thats a doable trip. I think we are going to plan that in next year. Overall, Jay Peak rocks. The lift lines have never been bad both times I was there during holiday weekends, the place gets alot of snow, the trials are great, the glades are ridiculous.