by: Eric W. - 2nd September 2011

JAY Cloud,Terrain for everyone, Small lines, Amazing resort, GLADES!
No nightlife, but you're there to ski, not party!

As close to Utah powder as you'll get on the East Coast without boarding a plane! Jay powder is so dry & perfect, you'll forget you're in VT. If you're crazy enough to make the journey to the VT/Canada border, you're rewarded by the true gem of East Coast skiing. Such a great mountain; reviews barely do it justice! Adequate/challenging terrain for every skill level, not to mention an unparalleled glade system. Nothing within the resort boundary is off-limits! I'm only an advanced beginner skier, but 3 perfect beginner glades+plenty of greens will keep you skiing for days. My buddies drool at the mention of the black runs/glades. Thanks to lake effect snow from the Great Lakes, the famed Jay Cloud keeps pumping fresh, dry powder constantly from base to peak. An absolute must-ski in the North East! The staff there is alarmingly friendly: I'm from NJ, so I'm used to jaded, impatient& not so friendly resort staff. Everyone I interacted with @Jay were so friendly it reminded me of being out in Colorado. So rare in the Northeast!