by: CAK-Brookline - 7th March 2009

• Nightlife
Value - Great Snow
Limited night life for younger adults.

Took the family for a few days during Feb vacation. I had read the reviews posted here - the good and the bad - and decided take a chance. As it turned out we all had a great time. The rooms were simple but clean offered enough room. The building is a bit of a maze but that did not bother us. The two restuarants were resonably priced and the food was good, It started snowing on the way up and continued snowing until we had to leave so we skied on fresh powder the entire time. The price was - by far - the best I had found for slopeside accomodations. I will seriously consider returning next year. Keep in mind that this is not a fancy resort but a good place for skiers of all ages - and especially families - to go. One word of caution. The access road is about 4 miles and it is steep in sections. When it snows, it can be very difficult getting up the road if you do not have 4wd or snow tires. I was driving a mini-van and barely made it up there. Plowing is handled by the town and I wish they attended to the access road a bit earlier - and more often - the night we arrived.