by: pmartino - 4th February 2008

Hemavan is a GEM! I flew right into the ski resort on Skyways from Arlanda which was fantastic! The bus took me right up to the Hemavan hotel, I walked with my luggage to some large dome where I changed over, rented ski's bought my lift card, and was on the slopes about an hour after landing. I instantly took the t-bar up to the 4000 foot summit and began about a 2 1/2 mile double black, blue, green trail down to the base! Incredible. This place is not an Aspen or Vail where there is a little something for everyone. This is a quality ski disipline resort where all forms of skiing take place. Telemark skiing was really popular. Try the hele-skiing! To perfect for words. The snow was excellent. The layout was well marked. The only negative was that the T-bars were a little slow. Otherwise, for those of you seeking a nice vacation in the laplands of Sweden, this resort is good for 2 days, take the bus to Mo I Rana, get on the night train to Trondheim and get on the ski train to Are Sweden!