Wide range of non-ski activities
Incredibly expensive, icy, bad for snowboarders
I am an intermediate snowboarder who visited Crans Montana for a week around New Year 2010/2011. I would definitely NOT recommend it to snowboarders as:
- pistes are icy due to strong sunshine during the day
- pistes are crowded, with long queues for lifts
- snow park was not finished when we went
- runs are designed for skiers, with many long , narrow flat stretches on which we boarders had to unclip and push
- resort itself is very expensive, you will pay at least £10 for just sausage and chips, evening meals start at £20
- transport within the resort (free shuttle bus) is very infrequent (only one an hour), if you miss one you have to take the (very expensive) resort taxis.
- 80+ % of resort is composed of red or black runs, there are only 2 blue runs on the mountain and NO green runs
In summary: beginner skiers and all snowboarders are recommended to avoid this resort like the plague!