12/30 to 1/3 trip

by: jaxboarder - Jan 11, 2010

Pros: Great for family begining before hitting the bigger resorts

Cons: No chilld care for kid snot old enough for ski school

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

Brought the family to Utah for a ski vacation. My 4 year old ( 1 month from being 5) took a 2 hour ski lesson and was skiing the rest of the day and night + rest of the trip with my wife, while I snowboarded intermitently with them and on my own here and at powder + snowbasin. The lessons and his reponse to skiing blew my expectations out of the water (or should I say snow). He is ready to go again and we just got back. Only complaints were long rental line for him and my wife-(it was New years Eve) and no daycare for my 2 year old daughter. Also the lodge is small, but not an issue if you are not concerned with that (if so go to snowbasin --they also have child care). All in all Wolf Mountain is perfect for a young family's first day or so while taking lessons and getting the feel of things, since it so cheap and not too spread out. You can keep track of one another easily. Very few, but exhillirating short black and blue runs for me to warm up on while my son was taking lessons, but great for the first day and for the price. snow conditions are great (still Utah). If they get child care this place would be the perfect family mountain.