by: jaannabella - 29th January 2008

We visited Wolf Mountain on New Year's Eve '07. I was exiting the lift with my young snow-boarding son when he wrecked right off the chair. The chair went right over the top of him, and somehow I got stuck in the wreck, and the chair knocked me over breaking my tailbone. The lift operator never stopped the lift, never asked us if we needed help, or if we were okay. I was unable to get up for a minute there, and other skiers just had to try to exit the lift around me. I thought that was very unprofessional. If I was the sueing type, They'd have a lawsuit on their hands, but I'm not, lucky for them. They probably won't get so lucky next time. That particular lift is very poorly designed, not allowing the skier/boarder to get clear of the lift before it mows you over. The grade isn't steep enough, so you find yourself stuck in the path of the lift on its way around the turn-about, knocking you over. This is the terrain park lift. Beware! There are also not enough bathrooms in the lodge to accomodate the number of skiers. Plus, they decide to clean the two-holer right at lunch time when everyone's needing to use it, making it even more inconvenient!! I've skied at various resorts around the state for 20+ years. I think it's great that Wolf Mountain is low-cost, but I'd just as soon pay a couple extra bucks to have a renovated lodge and lifts designed properly.