Wolf Mountain Review

by: Woody - Sep 18, 2007

Date Visited: Sep 18, 2007

I went in January of 2007 with my two kids. It was their first time. We had a great time! The magic carpet is perfect for raw beginners. The small chair has good terrain for learning with some short steeper spots to challenge the beginner. The upper hill was a mixed bag. The chair that goes to the top is steep in spots with flat run outs in between. It is only a moderately challenging hill because it is short on vertical. The steep spots are good, they just are not long enough. When we were there the snow was still very spotty up top. They have good snowmaking on the lower hill and it was fine. But up top the cover was "iffy". What I enjoyed most was the family friendly atmosphere. Great for kids and a great deal. On Fridays you can buy a weekend pass for only $10.00 more than the regular lift ticket and ski all weekend long day and night. Night skiing is a blast but dress warm it can get COLD. Overall it is a great learning mountain, with cheap tickets and a friendly atmosphere. We will come back next year.