by: Justin - 22nd February 2009

Tons of Terrain, Good Location, Easy Parking
Hiking to Murdock Peak

To this day I can't figure out what people are complaining about when they talk about The Canyons. I have been to many of the Utah ski resorts and The Canyons has to rank near the top. I understand that beginner options are limited but for advanced and intermediate skiers this mountain has so much to offer. I have taken three trips to the Park City area and I still have not come close to skiing as much of this mountain as I would like to. I spent much of my time on my most recent trip riding up and down the Super Condor Express hitting all of the expert terrain up that way. Condor Woods remains one of my favorite glades runs in North America. The only downside I can think of is the hike required to get access to the Murdock Peak terrain. I managed 4 walk-ups the last time I was there but I really do wish they would put in some sort of lift. I know the hiking helps to keep the trails fresh but its hard to value that while walking up the hill over and over. If you are out in Utah give The Canyons a try.