by: anonymous_user - 6th March 2007

This is not a ski resort for beginners, or someone who like to read the trail map and expect it to be accurate. The trials are poorly groomed, and have lots of surprise ice. The staff are not terribly helpful or friendly. Before arriving we did our homework to decide which resort to ski as my friend had only skiied one day with lessons. The trail map with "double greens" sounded perfect for her beginner skills and there were plenty of blues for me. We arrived at the little ski town area and was very impressed "at first". We were harrased by two men in a booth in the general area trying to give us free tickets ...only if our husbands spent ~$160 each on a ticket. This was a time share type deal. We went up the Short Cut Lift to Boomer, a double green which forced us on to a blue, Broken Arrow. Zap is listed as double green on the map and blue on the trail. Willow Draw also a double green was completely icy. My friend could not ski these trails and spent hours trying to get down the mountain. She was offered a voucher to come back to this bad high dollar ski resort. I typically ski the blues but were surprised in the extreme variation between complete moguls to surprise icy downhills. There is a water fountain in the locker room with no cups. The Smokey restuarant had the worst smelling bathrooms with toilets that did not flush. The food was very good. The mountains are not terribly scenic and almost appear as though they have not completely cleared the land. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS RESORT. I RECOMMEND DEER VALLEY HIGHLY FOR THE PRICE, FOOD, and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.