Something for everyone

by: Tommy T - Jan 10, 2012

Pros: serves all ability levels; open bowls, steep trees, great park for me

Cons: some people find navigating from side to side confusing

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2012

This is my 96th lift-served area. I rank it top 10 for being able to handle a full family from first timer to jaded veteran. Backcounty access. Extensive snow making and excellent grooming are making Canyons the best in the Wasatch right now with a very lean start on the snow season.

Seven jumps in a row in the terrain park, progressively larger, each regularly recut and shaped just right for the slope. It is the best jump line for my intermediate jumping ability that I have encountered. Seeing others throw seven consecutive back-flips is a treat and a reminder that every time I've been in the air with my board above my head, something bad has happened.

High terrain, north exposures and the open aspen glades are fun even without deep Wasatch powder. I have season passes for Canyons and Snowbird. So far this season I have 11 days at Canyons, 2 at the 'Bird. Check back when we get more snow -- the 'Bird's Top 10 but it needs a good dump to get its good terrain working.

Can't wait to see what happens as between the two areas when they come into full conditions, maybe later in the month.