by: anonymous_user - 21st May 2007

• Nightlife

This was my first time skiing out west, so I wanted a ski-in, ski-out resort. Utah puts together a great catalog guide to all their ski areas, which I found at our local ski shop. I picked it up based on a staff recommendation for Solitude. After reviewing a lot of resorts and off-hill lodging, Solitude seemed to offer the best value financially and for amenities. Our 12-year old daughter likes to swim at the end of the day and the year-round outdoor pool and hot tubs were great. There's a fire ring next to the pool, too, to keep the people warm who aren't in the hot tub. My daughter loved the small movie theater. Solitude feels reminiscent of a European village. The food at the restaurants was fresh--really fresh greens for lunch on the hill. Great, high-fat ice cream in the afternoon in the thatch-roofed Stone Haus creamery and pizzeria. We visited at the end of March, so it was warm in the afternoon. After eating at Creekside for 3 nights (food was very good and there was a decent variety on the menu), we wanted a burger; the resort has an arrangement with the Silver Fork restaurant down the road for a ride between them. Really good burgers... Staff was very friendly, and the whole complex was clean. It was a great, laid-back family-friendly resort with a quaint atmosphere. We were ready to make reservations again for next year!