Solitude is Perfect for Families

by: K2Skier - Jul 25, 2011

Pros: Varied Terrain for all Abilities

Cons: No Nightlife

Date Visited: Nov 1, 2010

I have been going to Solitude for years now both by myself, with friends, and now with my family. Solitude has become our "go to" resort for family ski vacations. Solitude has always delivered on the promise of great snow and being in "Solitude" while on the mountain.

Over the years, my daughters have learned to ski the varied terrain that Solitude has to offer. We started 3 years ago spending the bulk of our time off of the Apex, Moonbeam and Eagle Express lifts, poaching the beginner and intermediate terrain perfect for their 6-8 yr. old ski experiences.

Now that they are approaching the teenage years, we spend most of our time off the Summit Chair in the Black Forest and in Evergreen and of course back into Honeycomb Canyon...........My family has grown up on this hill and that is what makes Solitude special. It has something for everyone.

From the front desk to the lifties......everyone has always been very accomodating and a pleasure to deal with.

I always recommend Solitude Mountain Resort to people I meet........great place, expecially for family skiing.