Related Regions: Utah, United States, North America

Snowbird Firsthand Reports

Skier Comments & Photos from the Slopes of Snowbird

What are the ski conditions like right now at Snowbird? Read commentaries and see photos from fellow skiers and riders sharing their on-mountain experiences. Check back daily for new user-generated firsthand reports from Snowbird to see ski conditions, new snow and general stoke from the slopes along with images. Firsthand reports are submitted via the OnTheSnow Ski & Snow Report App. Download the free app to be part of the conversation.

62.5 | 63.5 | 64.5 | 65.5
anonymous user

Anyone know where I can get pot in Utah near snowbird? Or Salt Lake City area?

Snowbird +

Soft packed with spots of hard pack and moguls!

Packed powder
ratushny1

Most of the mountain is hard packed. They opened powder paradise today, although you should be very careful there, lots of ice chunks, rocks and obstacles. Late afternoon the snow softens up. Early morning make sure you have sharp edges.

Hard Packed
Snowbird +

Conditions were descent yesterday. Some I've and rocks, but mainly packed powder.

Packed powder
dmalwine

I'm also am east coast guy and have a little advice to any others hoping to go west in hopes of hitting a powder day. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE POWDER SKIS! We hit chest deep pow in Utah last year and I spent over 2 hours trying to find my "east coast" skis that popped off.

---

Deffinently not a great family place more intermediate-expert stuff. No turrain parks at all right now either. Otherwise GREAT coveradge NO ice andd fresshh poww. Great day

anonymous

How is it possible that alta gets 10" and snowbird only gets 2"? They're right next to each other!

conrad51

yesterday was a terrific day at the bird. far better snow coverage than park city resorts skied the day before. sounds obvious but was way better than expected. Snowed the whole day although only about 3" on my car when we left.

Powder

I love SLC inversions!

herb

Geez - 20" of snow the last 4 days and still negative posts. Me - I'm counting the days until I get out there.

62.5 | 63.5 | 64.5 | 65.5