Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Snowbird.

posted 2 years ago by herberthessii

Going out next month - can't wait! Re: the snow report - last year I skied all day at Snowbird in a steady snowfall. When I took a break I checked the ski report apps and they all reported sunny skies. The reports can be used as a guide, but they're not the be all/end all.
Snowbird +
Packed powder
posted 2 years ago by iPhone

I rode 1/15 & 1/16 and they were both bluebird days, high of 40 between the two. There were pockets of untouched snow but you had to be willing to go through gates and travel. The tram is cool, and the views are spectacular everywhere on the mountain. The drive is short but people act like its Formula 1. The tree runs were all run through which makes for some pretty intense s turns. The groomers are long and steep, really icy at points. Mineral Basin was alright, it would be a really average mountain all on its own. Really windy on top. Considering the lack of snow, I had more fun riding Solitude because it isn't as steep. They have express lifts now btw. Snowbird gets an A+ in my book, surely an epic place to ride if the conditions are right.
Packed powder
posted 2 years ago by James’s iPhone

Terrible. Very hard packed powder all day. Turn around if u are on your way to slc. I wish i hadnt planned my trip months in advance.
posted 2 years ago by snow bro

10 day forecast is looking terrible, can someone please do a snow dance out in Utah for me?
posted 2 years ago by Limp Dumpman

skiing is still very good. lots of windblown and Sun crust but the goods are all hidden if you know where to look. should be fun bluebirds for a few days until truly everything is skied off then just groomers until the next storm cycle