The Dopest Place Ever

by: Scott - Feb 6, 2014

Pros: Epic Terrain, Beautiful Snow, Gorgeous, Reasonable Nightlife and Lodging

Cons: Absolutely none

I went with 2 other friends and my girlfriend for a 5 day trip exclusively to Snowbird. My girlfriend was trying to pick up snowboarding, so she spent 3 days riding on Chickadee with one of the best teachers I've ever met. My buddy and I who were snowboarding went with our other friend who skied and had hired a guide. We got to see almost the entire mountain in one day, and felt very comfortable on it. The terrain was awesome.

It wasn't very crowded and bombing greens and blues was glorious. The snow wasn't super fantastic when we arrived, but we got dumped on over the next couple of days.

Snowbird has great beginner terrain and a great ski school. I see a bunch of funny people saying that it doesn't. But here's the issue with that, if you told Michael Jordan you are a pretty damn good basketball player, actually the best out of your middle aged overweight friends, and but all he heard was good. He's going to challenge you. Be honest with yourself and your teacher up there.

Powder stashes are all over if you are willing to brave the Cliffs and strap on your beacon for that avalanche danger. Hit the tree runs, shred the chutes and have a blast