by: samwise66 - 23rd February 2013

Snow, Terrain, Steeps, Lifts, Customer service
None

This is an expert's mountain. This resort, in my opinion, is the best in the U.S. The last storm that came through was so heavy that my flight got canceled, so i was 'forced' to stay and ski another day of the Pow. They only reported about 7 inches, but after a little traversing (not telling where), my buddies and i found at least 11- 14 in pillow lines and about 1100 vertical feet of untracked, deep, powder (maybe one or two tracks from the Hot-Dog locals, but otherwise untouched) It wasn't the deepest day ever, but still an unforgettable one. The overall terrain is just excellent, and my favorite lift (Gad 2) is gonna be upgraded to a high speed next year. The last thing i want to say about the Bird is that their customer service is just phenomenal. If you don't want to walk back to your hotel room, or if you want a quick lift over to Alta, each lodge has its own free taxi service that is on call 24/7. Every staff member is very helpful and polite, and they always place the guest's needs before their own. For example, I lost my gloves one day, and instead of buying new ones for $50+ , a mountain host gave me his backup pair for free. Overall, the place is a one of a kind of resort, that i will indefinably be coming back to next year!