by: alipethick - 17th January 2007

I went there for the first time last week. I started my one week ski vacation at SB because it was close to my cheap hotel in Layton. Otherwise, I would have skied the more "famous" areas. I found the lodge to be like one of the best hotel lobbies I have ever seen--gorgeous, great "real" fireplaces, individual bathrooms instead of stahls--with gold faucets. And the food was great and reasonable. I had the best cobb salad ever in my life, the plate filled to overflowing, lots of real crumbled bacon and large pieces of real meat, topped with a hard boiled egg and whole avocado aritstically placed and excellent blue cheese dressing. The service was excellent. Staff meet you at the drop off with carts to carry your gear to the lift areas. They are constrantly bussing the tables but they do not rush you out of the dining room even if you are just drinking a coffee. The brick areas around the lodge and lift areas have the heated coils in them so there is no ice, they are dry. There is a restroom area on the other side of the mountain, also posh. After SB my husband and I skied some of the more well known resorts but returned to SB later in the week rather than be jostled by the crowds and deal with the rude staff at the other famous resorts.