by: Simon - 9th April 2009

Best on mountain food
No accommodation or nightlife.

I have had the opportunity to visit a number of resorts in Colorado and Utah and I must admit I was really surprised at Snowbasin. It was the second time that I have been to the resort (admittedly the first time was 10 plus years ago) but I was amazed at how much the resort has changed. Obviously all of the upgrades were due to the Salt Lake City winter Olympics. The result though is a great intermediate / advanced resort with a great variety of runs that any style of snowboarder or skier would enjoy. The thing that amazed me the most (having been to some of the supposed more exclusive resorts) was the on mountain dining facilities and the on mountain food. It felt more reminiscent of dinning in a restaurant than the crowded on mountain facilities that are experienced at most of the other resorts that I have been to. Along with on mountain food the price is significantly more reasonable priced than the other resorts. Overall coupled with the excellent sugar like powder that was experienced the whole day was a pleasant surprise which resulted in an awesome day had by us all.