by: anonymous_user - 14th January 2008

Snowbasin is the best ski resort I've ever skied. This resort benefitted GREATLY from the Salt Lake City Olympics. All the lodges are stellar - gourmet food, roaring fireplaces, plush indoor seating, 5 star hotel quality restrooms, & some of the most incredible outdoor dining scenery you can imagine. You might laugh at the bathroom comment but trying to take care of business with full ski gear on is a pain in a cramped, open door stall. At Snowbasin, you practially get a suite with marble countertops & gold fixtures! The terrain is incredible - everything from steep chutes, to wide open bowls, to wide cruisers, to a variety of bump runs, plus several terrain parks & a superpipe. If that isn't enough, just bop on over to Powder Mountain's 5,500 skiable acres across the valley from SB. Lift access is tops so you won't wait to hit it - 3 gondolas were added for the Olympics to what was already a fully accessible resort. When I skied there last year (Mar07), I basically skied nonstop except for lunch with almost no liftlines, and that trip even included a weekend in season. I can't comment on the ski school or family programs as I didn't experience either during my visit last year. As for night life, that's the only thing you might miss If that's important to you. Ogden does offer a little bit in that regard if you need to hit a bar at night. I don't personally care about nightlife because I go on ski vacations to ski & typically just want to grab a beer & soak in a hottub after a day of skiing. There's a few nice B&B's in Huntsville (I recommend the Atomic Chalet, ask for Wes) & Ogden that are within an easy drive. Salt Lake is even close enough if you are an early riser. If you love to ski, you shouldn't miss Snowbasin. I recommend a 3 day vacation to ski Snowbasin one day, Powder Mountain the next, & your favorite of the two on the 3rd. You'll leave with a happy but tired smile on your face.