by: anonymous_user - 1st January 2006

When my ski buddy and I planned our trip to Utah, we did some research to try to narrow the selection of mountains to ski. Snowbasin received several 'thumbs-up,' so we booked 2 days. What a great place!Ski buddy is a former pro and freestyle coach, so he skis anything comfortable. I am an advanced/intermediate and still prefer the comfort of groomed runs. Snowbasin had more than enough for the both of us to enjoy, be challenged by, and cruise. The terrain selection has everything from sweet greens for the newest of sliders to some spine-tingling gnarly stuff that even gave ski buddy reason to pause. The blues off of the Strawberry lift were some of the most challenging blues I've skied! As for the mountain's services, first-class all the way! The lodges are clean, comfortable, beautifully appointed and welcoming. I don't think we ever rode a lift where the lifties (never one either!) didn't smile, greet us, hold the chair, and wish us good turns. Snowbasin is a 'skiers mountain.' No resort-like frills or distractions: it's all about the terrain, the snow, and fun. I'd go back in a heartbeat!