Powder Mountain Review

by: Powderchaser - Dec 19, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 19, 2007

Ha! Reading some of the disappointing reviews, I just had to weigh in. First, this is NOT where you go for dining, shopping, and fancy spas. This is NOT where you take your wife unless she is really into skiing powder. This IS WHERE you go for fresh track powder skiing!!!!!!!! You can CAT SKI fresh powder for $10! You can ski inbounds backcountry via "Powder Country" and end up on the road in which you will get picked up by a shuttle in a few minutes and returned to the resort. Tons of fresh powder; resort will not get skiied out like the fancy resorts. My 15 year old son and I stayed right there at the no frills Columbine Inn and woke up to fresh pow. This is where locals who want powder go!!! The only issue I see is the lower elevation. If the snow is not that great at Powder Mtn. or other Utah resorts at lower elevation, we will always take the better snow at Solitude/Brighton up high. Solitude is still our favorite Utah Destination and if you go there get a Sol/Bright pass and ski both resorts.