by: tourist from Texas - 27th November 2007

No crowds, good prices, great terrain
Road to get there is steep and twisty. No Night Life

I spend spring break every year in the Ogden Valley. I liked it so much, I bought a timeshare just 5 miles down the hill from Powder Mountain. Since I only ski once a year, I am not very good. The thing I love about Powder is the lack of crowds. Last year, on a whim, I went down to Park City on a Wednesday. Waiting in line for 15 minutes to get a the high-speed 6-person lift, I quickly realized that I wanted to go back to Powder. Even on the weekend, I almost never wait for a lift. The Good: -Lack of crowds -Prices of lift tickets, food, and lessons. -Friendly staff, quality lessons. -New high-speed quad -Nice wide blue runs off the Hidden Lake quad. The Bad: -Twisty, steep road to resort (although you can take the bus) -Odd layout. Ski School hill is separate from the rest of the resort. You really need to use a car to get between the main resort and the ski school hill (Sundowner lift. Takes some effort to get to the far side of the resort. -Zero night life. -Lodges are plain and old. Food is burgers and fries.