by: tzero64` - 30th December 2008

Big, powder
no beginner terrain, remote, slow lifts,

I suspect this is a great mountain for the right group. Took my 13 year old and 18 year old. The 13 year old has skied less than 5 times and this was the first time out this year. There was no absolutely no beginner terrain. The majority of the green runs would have been blue elsewhere, the remainder would have been more difficult greens. I chose this resort because I thought it would be good place for the 13 year old to advance toward intermediate skiing due to the low skier density compared to Park City and the significant amount of green runs relative to snowbasin. At the same time I hoped it would provide a variety of terrain for myself and my intermediate snowboarding 18 year old. It was horrible experience. The 13 year old struggled with the green (should be blue terrain) and the 18 year operating on his own, took some wrong turns wound up hiking and hiking. We went to Park City Mountain for the rest of the trip and had a great time. I would not recommend this resort to families unless everyone in the group is a true intermediate and then be careful where you go so you don't wind up hiking.