by: Sean Carnes - 5th January 2014

Family orientated, friendly & helpful people, beautiful place, great value lift tix
Fewer advanced runs, no high end resort amenities

We stayed in a wonderful Moose Hollow condo about 5 miles from Powder Mountain. We decided to snowboard the first two days of our trip at Powder Mountain so we could regain our skills. First, the lift tickets we purchased through Moose Hollow were a great value and nothing can compare. Upon our first lift our 8 year old was getting adjusted and a Powder Mountain employee stopped by and helped him for about 10 minutes. This has never happened at any resort I've been to and I've been to every Utah resort and most California ones. The folks working at Powder Mountain are incredibly nice and accommodating. The mountain had plenty of beginner runs for my wife and plenty of challenging runs for the children. This is the first resort where my wife had lots and lots of choices of beginner runs while we still had choices for harder runs. We ate most days in the downstairs bar and the food was tasty and not your usual rip off pricing so we had no problem. The folks working the bar were very nice and the cook did a great job with the food. I really don't know how anyone could have a bad thing to say about this mountain resort because it is incredibly beautiful and offers a great time for anyone. The town of Eden has a great Mexican restaurant where you can party it up as you please. I enjoy snowboarding and skiing at Snow Basin but I must say that I will definitely go back to Powder Mountain and highly recommend it to everyone.