Best family friendly resort i have ever been to!!!

by: blahblahblah - Feb 11, 2013

Pros: Really good for families

Cons: Slow lifts

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2013

I heard that this resort was free for california residents. After a moment of disbelief, i googled eagle point and found out that it was true. After budgeting for food $80, gas $189, and motel $153. I was able to have a three day on the slopes family ski vacation for less than $450!!! You can't do that for even one day at Mammoth!!! It snowed 1 1/2 feet of that great one of a kind dry southern Utah powder over the weekend while we were there. The mountain has some fun expert areas and intermediate area's with a small park. The staff are the best and most patient i have ever met. I have two small children (6 & 2), so me and my wife took turns boarding while the other was watching the kids. We basically picked out the corner table in the upper lodge and made ourselves at home. Not only did they not mind on bit, the even helped while my 2 year old was having and offered my wife some apple juice. On the first day my 6 year old refused to ski with daddy since it was to cold and stormy out side. The manager let me return her rentals with a full refund, try doing that at Mt. High or Mammoth!!! Overall, this is a great resort for families and those who aren't trying to ride like pro's and drop cliffs. The park was fun, but small and not very challenging. However i didn't come to Eagle Point to ride a park, i can stay in socal for that. I came for tree runs, open pow fields, and fun little terrain drops and i got ALLOT of that while i was here with my family. The only con i can think of are the ski lifts. All but one are SLOW. The only resort that i can think of that has slower lifts is Mt. Baldy back in L.A.. Since i came here with small children i can't really comment on the local night life, but the lower lodge had a nice bar and shuffle board table in it when i checked it out, plus hot tubs right next to it. Overall i have to say that this is the best deal any californian can get right now if you want to ride real powder instead of sierra cement and not pay an arm and a leg to get it.