Related Regions: Utah, North America, United States

Brian Head Resort Firsthand Reports

Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Brian Head Resort.

Brian Head Resort +
Powder
posted 2 years ago by Bone-Vegas

Jan 9 snowed on us and it was a tad windy but the new snow falling was good. There might not be a ton of coverage but you make it fun and you'll enjoy it. The food was really pricy but that's why I usually bring my own food!
posted 2 years ago by annoyomous

I mean it's not that bad, coming from what the person below is ranting about. I'm from San Diego and lets just say it's a whole lot better than big bear. Yeah off trails are pretty icy, groomed runs are pretty nice. If you're looking for off run powder skiing, then no it's not the place for you. It's been a pretty late winter everywhere so you just have to give it time. Another big tip if you're coming out here, if you want a 5 day pass for 175$ then you have to say you want the "family and friend pass" if you don't say that then they charge you 240 for a 5 day pass, it's dumb.
posted 2 years ago by Probably out last year i

In 30+ years I have never seen it so bad. We left two days early ... No point in staying and the damage to our skies was significant. Brianhead has new owners this year and it shows that they have no ski resort experience. Yes they put a little money into the lodges but not much (3.5M). Mother Nature has not cut them any breaks - no snow and they have exhausted their snow making water reservoirs. The new owners come from the golf industry and it's evident they have no clue what they are doing. The new food manager is awful ( burgers bad, pizza bad, no salad bar, empty cold cases, no sundries - not only is the food awful but he doesn't know anything about skiers or retail. The basic of $ per square foot escape him... Honestly you can't even buy a candy bar on the Mtn... The only ski resort in the US that you can't get a Snickers at. The staff is not happy with the new systems - which are not implemented correctly ... Ugh, what a disaster. Also, if they survive this winter their goal is to turn BH into a Mammoth East, and alternative for the So Cal /LA snow boarding crowd. They are adding two more terrains parks for a total of 3 ... Sorry folks, but say good by to the old family friendly BH... sad I grew up skiing here, my kids have grown up here but even when the snow comes back I don't think we will be... It's time to move on to Deer Valley and Little Cottonwood C.
posted 2 years ago by anonymous user

Windy and icy... Rocks everywhere... Food prices are ridiculous. Brian Head used to be a good deal but no longer. I'll try eagle point before I give up on southern Utah skiing.
posted 2 years ago by brians

Good posts,, bout time real info!! Thxx