Firsthand, user-generated ski reports from Brian Head Resort.

Hard Packed
posted 2 years ago by Susan's iPhone

We went for New Year's Day. Forked over $60 plus tax $65 (New law in effect at BH, tax) Beautiful day despite the winds at times. Busy around the mountain, beginners all over mid-mountain. Hard packed, rocky terrain. Definitely needs Snow making. Won't be riding at BH until the base is at least double.
posted 2 years ago by iPhone

Conditions are best in the morning because the top of giant steps gets quite icy by the end of the day. We definitely need more snow. Dunes is getting really thin with rocks and bare spots showing. Coverage on the main giant steps runs are ok, no bare spots but there are rocks and grass showing in places. Roulette has some icy and rocky places but is ok overall. The park has a great set up but is poorly maintained
Brian Head Resort +
posted 2 years ago by iPhone

I rode Xmas Eve. It was really soft and thin in places. The main mountain is very flat although a section serviced by the lift The Dunes was still not open, and on the trail map it looked really cool. Navajo is very flat as well. The park was very good with lots of rails and boxes of all skill levels. Two steep medium jumps and not much progression there. 27" looked accurate to me particularly on Navajo. Given the relative proximity, I came from Los Angeles, I would recommend Eagle Point near Beaver over this place. Eagle Point has nicer facilities steeper runs, plus more and better snow. Not to mention less people. I felt more secluded in Eagle Point as well. But if your a park rat you won't find much to jib on so you might want to go to BrianHead. Side note, I've been to a lot of resorts in Utah and Brian Head was the most diverse. I heard more Spanish there than at any other resort outside of California :)
posted 2 years ago by anonymous user

base is around 44" not 32" it way more than they say
posted 2 years ago by anonymous

Conditions were great today and not that many people either!