by: anonymous_user - 26th March 2007

OK...after reading some of these reviews I felt it was necessary to give a more "balanced" opinion of BrianHead skiing. 1st of all-the nightlife. I have been a regular at Stuart's Bar (AKA Cedar Breaks Lodge) for over 12 years and they "always remember my name." Most of the time I am surprised with Live rock music from awesome local musicians and the great friendships that endure in that place from year to year. Granted, it's THE only nightlife on the mountain but the atmosphere, service, friendliness and low prices go a long way with me. I love the place and the food is 2nd to none. It's better than any place that I have found in Vegas! 2nd-the skiing. I ski to make turns. And I love light, dry, powder up to my waist and sunny days. Case closed! I've been skiing BH for over 30 years and can't remember seeing any of you reviewer's flying down Engens as if it was "not advanced enough" for you. I've skiied all over the West and plenty of times at Mammoth on beatiful "cornice jumping" days. And I still haven't found a more challenging and exhilerating run as shooting Giant Steps from top to bottom down Engens 1 and 2. All three of my kids learned to ski/snowboard at BH and there is no doubt that it's a great family mountain, but I want to know where you more "advanced" skiers are who are not challenged by the terrain at BH? I suggest that you venture over to Stuart's Bar with your complaints and challenge one of the locals to a Ski-Off. I suspect that you'll change your tune after falling head-over-tea-kettle trying to out-ski/board a local at BH. Did you know there were TWO mountains at BH? :-)...lol As a veteran BH skiier, my only complaint is the management. Henry Hornberger is the GM and has done a terrific job of alienating skiers/snowboarders away from BH. He's a bean-counter, not a skier and he doesn't have a clue how to run a mountain. He hires Nazi trained managers who care more about "putting feathers in their own caps" than providing a pleasurable experience for customers. Lift line management is a joke...good thing the numbers of skiiers is down! The only reason the slopes are so well-groomed is because those groomers were employed before Henry ever showed up and they work a different shift than him. Pray for snow and get rid of Henry is my motto. I'm going up this Thursday to 12" of new snow (forcast) and sunny sky's. Yeeaahhhh!!!