Awesome Ski Resort

by: hochard - Jan 6, 2011

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2010

The New Year 2010 - 2011 ski season was our first trip to Brian Head Ski Resort. What a place!

I admit that prior to traveling to Brian Head I did not like the name, the website or the fact that the web camera has been down all season but I did like the fact that the Brian Head Peak is primarily black and blue runs. Yes, we were all newbie’s once but they can be difficult to tolerate sometimes; however, I did find that the newbie’s at Brian Head were not typically difficult to navigate. Perhaps, that is because I did not spend much time on the Navajo Peak.

I recommend driving past the Navajo Peak lodge and going directly to the Brain Head Peak lodge for your lift tickets. I do not intend to sound as though there is nothing useful at the Navajo Peak because there are runs that are fun there too.

The panoramic views are spectacular. The ski runs are clearly marked and well groomed. Yes, when I was younger, I enjoyed powder but now that I am more mature, my body does not enjoy the powder as much. Powder equals work plus extra risk and my plan is to ski all season, every season and at 50-years-old less powder.

Our second day at Brian Head the winds were gusting to 50 mph with blizzard conditions; therefore, we were only permitted to ski the baby slopes in deep powder, which was actually refreshing to be forced into skiing deep powder. Yes, I berate powder continually, since I am now at a mature age but I would ski the baby slopes in a blizzard with 50 mph gusts and deep powder as opposed to sitting in the lodge like a crybaby asking for a refund. I have stated it many times… there is not a bad day skiing only bad attitudes.

It is a ski resort; you take the beautiful, clear, sunny days with the horizontally snowing blizzards. Go hard or go home!