Read other skiers' first hand reports from United States.

Displaying 1 - 15 of 52566 First-hand Reports

new
posted 14 hours ago by J

Because you are skiing in October, that's why you bother. The great skier, climber, and alpinist Alex Lowe once said: "There are two types of climbers, those whose hearts sing when they are in the mountains, and all the rest" It's the same concept with skiing, are you going out there to have fun, because you love it? Or is it to be seen? To have a good weekend "story" for your friends. When it comes to climbing, it doesn't matter if it's 35 feet of choss or 2000 feet of perfect granite splitter crack... I still love climbing. Of course I relish the amazing days but I don't discount any day I get to spend in the mountains. In the same way it doesn't matter if it's 18 inches of icy crusted man-made or 36 inches of powder... I still love skiing.
Powder
new
posted 20 hours ago by iPhone

Already got my new gear for this year! Super pumped with the colder weather moving in.
posted 2 days ago by iphone

Are there any park featured set up?
posted 2 days ago by iPhone

Half hour lift line, east coast crap snow...why bother?
posted 2 days ago by iPhone

Got off work with a lot of people before noon, but worth the wait. Good to be back on the hill!!! 2014-2015 is in effect!!!
posted 2 days ago by localskier

some people work at ski areas
posted 2 days ago by snow

Yea I have a job , wish I was there today
posted 2 days ago by Park Skier

Only a month to go!!!!
posted 3 days ago by iPhone

Don't you people have jobs? Holy crap
posted 3 days ago by Michael's iPhone

Pretty grim.
Machine Made
posted 3 days ago by fidgeit

How was the man made snow I hate man made. This year is going to be a lot of snow I heard
posted 3 days ago by anonymous user

Tell us how it is!
posted 3 days ago by wubby1478

I get first chair!
Hard Packed
posted 3 days ago by Hal

Found some more lifties and the story they give is this is not the long awaited Kidderbrook chair but is an extension and rerouting of the current SnoBowl chair. Supposed to cross over other lifts to link Sno base to Sun Bowl area and reduce traffic at the top. I guess we'll find out for sure next season. Happy Trails! Is it 11/22 yet?
posted 4 days ago by Anonymous