by: bigears - 22nd January 2009

Great for families
Nightlife not really hopping

Just back from Scheffau, went with 2 kids 2 years and 9 years and my wife. All beginers except myself. Booked with Crystal (another days story). Stayed at the land alpin hotel, food was good. We took lessons with the Ingrid Slavemooser ski school. Very small class sizes and expert tuition. The Crystal recomended ski school had up to 15 + in classes. Ski hire we did with the hotel and as we didnt pre-book we got a 5% discount very reasonable. The creche in the hotel was not great so I brought our youngest up the mountain with us everyday to the tourist office run creche, very nice staff and runs from 9 to 4 ( he got to ski everyday for lunch time in the kinderkaiser land opposite creche). If you are a beginner this is a good area to learn, if you are an intermediate then its paradise lots of challenging reds and some lovely crusing blues. You can ski to a different resort everyday if you wish. The homerun down to the gondala in Scheffau is not for the faint of heart. Very icy when we were there.